Public Update on Course Operations
PUBLIC GOLF TEE TIMES ONLINE OR BY PHONE 604-885-9212
May 4th, 2021
The priority of the Sunshine Coast G&CC remains to be the health and safety of the members, staff and public who visit the club. Tee Times are by reservation only. No Drop Ins. Additional spacing of tee times will be instituted.
Public Tee Times are available.
Call to Book a Tee times, or LINK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE.
No Drop In Golf Permitted.
WHAT GOLFERS CAN EXPECT:
TEMPORARY COVID-19 RULES & CONDITIONS WILL BE IN EFFECT:
- All individuals entering the property are required to follow PHYSICAL DISTANCING RULES AS OUTLINED BY THE PROVINCIAL HEATH AUTHORITY AT ALL TIMES. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM THE PROPERTY
- If you have Covid-19 symptoms or have traveled in the past 14 days, please do not enter the facility.
- Please use Handwashing Stations
- Please do not enter staging area until 15 minutes prior to your tee time
- Max Occupancy 4 Customer and 3 Staff in Golf Shop
- One Person in Clubhouse Washrooms at a time (Men’s & Ladies)
- On course Washroom Facilites are open across the B&K Road
- Please see Below for Range Operation Details
- Locker Rooms are open. One person at a time please
- Follow the direction of staff or marshals immediately
- No Drop in Golfers. Book Tee times online or by phone at 604-885-9212.
- Upon completion of your round, please do not loiter in groups.
- People are welcome on the patio for Kitchen and Bar Services
PHYSICAL DISTANCING and HANDWASHING
In accordance to the Ministry of Health guidance, all players must remain a minimum of 2.5 Meters apart at all times.
Golfers must use the Handwashing Stations situated on the course.
Thank you for taking these initiatives seriously, to help contribute to the health and safety of your fellow members, staff and the general public.
MAKING A TEE TIME
All golfers must make a reservation prior to coming to the club. No Drop in golf allowed at this time. Public Tee time reservations may be made up to 14 days in advance by phone to the golf shop.
PLAYING THE GAME
Some modifications to playing the game will be in place. Some for safety, other measures to assist with efficiency for our grounds crew.
- Groups of 4 Golfers – 12 minute intervals
- Flags are to be left untouched at all times
- Golfers may choose to play preferred lies in the playing area
- No rakes in bunkers. Golfers may play preferred lies in the bunkers
- All Ball washers have been removed
- Please refrain from sitting on benches
GOLF CARTS, PULL CARTS & RENTAL EQUIPMENT
Golfers are encouraged to walk. Carts are for single rider use only. Exception for people in the same bubble.
Pull Carts are available for rent
Rental and Demo Equipment are available for rent at this time
Max 4 customers at a time inside the store. All individuals entering the golf shop are required to use the Hand Washing Station prior to entering and wear a face covering.
Food and Beverage Service
Please review the information below regarding food and beverage operations that will be offered.
Thank you for your help in knowing and following the protocols.
We are making our best efforts to follow provincial guidelines, and promote a welcoming and safe environment for members, visitors and staff.
When considering the March 29th, 2021 BC provincial health order and the primary methods of Covid transmission, the following protocols will be in place to help protect members, staff, and the community as we move our Food and Beverage.
Outdoor Food and Beverage Service Guidelines for Members and Guests:
- We will remain open Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- To reduce the risk of droplets, the public health order mandates mask wearing outdoors on the deck unless you are seated. You must wear a mask when not seated at a table.
- A face shield or bandana is not a substitute for a mask due to the openings below the mouth.
- Access to the deck will be available via the outer staircase leading to the deck.
- Please wash your hands in the lower bathroom prior to heading upstairs.
- There will be a hostess table set up on the deck near the seating area, and guests will wait to be seated.
- You will be asked to provide the name and number of one person in your party for the contact tracing book.
- There will be no mingling at other tables while guests walk to be seated.
- Please remain seated unless to use washroom facilities or to leave the clubhouse.
- Apart from the All-Access bathroom for use by guests who have limited mobility, bathrooms upstairs will remain closed for the following reasons:
- No staff to monitor the bathrooms and constantly disinfect.
- Bathroom doors are currently left open but due to the layout and privacy doors must be closed if used. Guests could congregate in that area.
- The hallway leading to the bathrooms is very small and there is no space to social distance guests or staff.
- Lounge area in the ladies’ room could have guests congregating in that area.
- There will be 2 tables for 2, 6 tables for 4, 7 tables for 6.
- Total outdoor seats = 70
- Limited Indoor Seating
- A drop table is placed at the end of each table for food/drink zones. Do not move chairs to these tables for seating.
- Members and guests must remain seated and not move from table to table.
- There will be hand sanitizer on each table.
- Menu boards will be in placed on the exterior wall of the patio. No handheld menus available.
- There will be no access to the bar or kitchen counter areas.
- Payment will be made at the hostess table outside on the deck.
- No cash transactions.
- All other protocols put in place to re-open food and beverage services outdoors in June 2020 will remain in place.
Range will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 6:45 p.m. (Last Ball Sales)
Short game area is open for practice with personal ball use only.
Covered stalls open. Please practice Physical distancing in this area
Grass Tees Open – Max 6 people on grass Tees
Putting and Chipping Green. Max 3 people using it at a time.
Putting, Bunker and Pitching area remain for personal use balls only
Members / Visitors will not be offered carts for transport from the clubhouse to the range.
PLAY SAFE AND STAY SAFE
Thank you in advance for respecting the rules and regulations outlined. We will continue monitor the fast changing health environment, and recommendations from the National and Provincial Health Authorities and adjust our practices accordingly. We hope to see you all soon (from a distance).